My friend, Susan at Faithwalk, has tagged me! It seems that I am supposed to list 5 things that I dig about Jesus, and then tag 5 other bloggers to do the same.
Here are the Rules:
- Those Tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus.
- Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
- Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.
I dig Jesus because:
1. He was able to look ahead in time, see me, and still choose to endure the cross.
2. He sustains me daily, whether I acknowledge it or not, and forgives my many failures.
3. I love it when He talks to me about the perfect subject at the perfect time!
4. He provides me with security, stability, and hope.
5. Our names start with the same letter ;0)
my 5 victims “The Chosen Ones”!!… (I decided to pick all women because, well….I just couldn’t picture my husband doing this?!! ha ha)
1.Cherie at Heart2Heart
2.Kenya at UnComfort Zone
3.Johnnie at MorselsfromGod
4.Leslie at RecoveringNoah.com
5. Rhonda at Rhonda’s Space
I hope you all participate in this tag, although I promise I will wish no calamities upon you if you should decide NOT to! — God will still love you; you will not have to feel guilty about not sending on “the message”; nor will you have to be concerned with losing your salvation!! ha ha (don’t you just “love” (?) e:mails that make threats like that?!)
Still…it’s nice that we all “Dig Jesus” together 🙂
Filed under Attitude, Bible, Blogging, Children, Faith, Family, Friends, Gifts, God, Grace, Humor, Identity, Joy, Life, Love, Tag
I have had this song on my mind, and in my head for two days now. Try as I might, I can’t quit singing it! — Have you ever had that happen?
It’s a wonderful song, though, and as I stopped to consider it today, God impressed upon me the need to share it with you. I don’t know why. I don’t know what He’ll use it for today. It is simple words on a blog that few may ever see.
However, I pray that you, too, will be blessed through its’ words and the message it brings.
(As sung by Matt Redman )
NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD
Your blood speaks a better word
Than all the empty claims I’ve heard upon this earth
Speaks righteousness for me
and stands in my defense
Jesus it’s your blood
Your cross testifies in grace
Tells of the Father’s heart to make a way for us
Now boldly we approach
Not by earthly confidence
It’s only by Your blood
What can wash away our sins?
What can make us whole again?
Nothing but the blood
Nothing but the blood of Jesus
What can wash us pure as snow?
Welcomed as the friends of God?
Nothing but your blood
Nothing but your blood King Jesus
Filed under Bible, Blogging, Children, Church, Contemporary, Faith, Family, Gifts, God, Grace, Holy, Life, Love, Matt Redman, Obedience, Prayer, Witness, Worship
Yes, I am still around on the planet earth! lol — I have been in some what of a blogging slump — but it’s mainly due to the whirlwind of activity around here. My husband knows it’s busy when I don’t find time at the computer! 😉
Since my last post, which was so full of excitement about the Lord’s work, I have been purposefully waiting to write. –Waiting for the time to sit down and adequately describe all the Lord is doing in our life. However, it is becoming evident that my computer time is short, and will be for a while yet. So….with much abbreviation, however a long post, here’s the list:
- I am now a pastor’s wife! God has been calling our family into ministry for about ten years, and now the time finally came for it to become a reality. Our little country church, Purtis Creek Baptist, is home to several dedicated and loving families who have committed to allowing the Lord’s direction through my husband. We are all emotions at once — excited, blessed, nervous, anxious, scared, etc. Our “To-Do” List is growing by leaps and bounds, and we are just having to take a step back ever so often to figure out where to start! Please pray for my husband’s endurance — he is bivocational, well — actually tri-vocational if you take into consideration a part-time job he is also working. He says that he’s fine…..the “wife” in me says I should be concerned! Also, the first big outreach for the church will be during vacation bible school, for which we are attempting to quickly prepare. Our deepest thanks goes to our home church for sending us their bible school “leftovers”! Mounds of decorations, materials, craft supplies, etc. have been sent our way through the love of our former church members. Since our new church has been without a pastor for almost a year, and has not had a bible school in several years, we are most grateful to receive the support and supplies.
- Galoneda Outreach – Through some friends, we have been blessed to be involved in an outreach effort unlike none other in our area. God has targeted a particular neighborhood in our area for salvation and provision. He has led a team of 20?, 30? people from several different denominational backgrounds and several different churches to participate in a mass visitation and outreach effort to this neighborhood. Door-to-door visits are leading to salvation decisions, discipleship, fellowship, children’s bible clubs, food provision, etc. It is really exciting to see real work being done for the Lord. Each Saturday during the summer, the children have been coming to the neighborhood’s park for games, songs, bible stories, hot dogs/refreshment, and playtime. Looking at the faces of those participating (and those driving by), you can just see the need for God written everywhere. Just this past week, I also heard of another church in the area who has heard of the effort and apparently may be interested in setting up some sort of after school care support for children in the neighborhood. God is growing and growing the revival in this community, and we are just blessed to be near Him. I guarantee you…..if you want to feel close to God, just come to Cherokee Shores on a Saturday morning this summer! It’s truly indescribable with mere words!
- Oak Street Outreach – Another outreach to which we have been recently introduced. The man who oversees this work has given all to this ministry. He and his wife and children live in a building being used to house the homeless. There are several men and women living there who so desperately needed someone to just care about them. — unemployment, medical conditions, pregnancy, instability, deep emotional scars brought about by the traumatic conditions they have endured so many times over the years, physical abuse, etc — these people are being ministered to in a way that is so needed. Please pray for them all, particularly the continuance of the ministry and financial needs. I can tell you that just the short time I spent talking with some of the ladies and children, has really touched my heart. I am looking forward to supporting their ministry in whatever ways I can be involved. I pray that God will use me to counsel to, worship with, disciple, and provide for the director’s family (whose children are so precious, by the way) as well as the men and women who are living there.
- Our family is also participating in a weekly prayer group on Tuesday nights. We bring the whole family for a potluck supper at someone’s house, and then intense, focused worship and prayer afterwards. The kids play (at last count, there were 18+ children), the moms excuse ourselves ever so often to deal with/check on the kids, and the rest of the adults continue in prayer/worship sometimes into 10:30-11:00 p.m. It makes for a long day/night, however, God is listening. Like a refreshing rain, the “oneness” of our petitions stir our souls and encourage us to continue in His work. It’s just AWESOME!
- College – Oh my goodness!!! College preparations are soooooo exhausting and cumbersome! The last several days have been spent with my daughter visiting and registering at college — 7+ hours away! We drove there on Thursday, staying in
luxurious accomodations dorm rooms during our visit. Let me just make a note here to describe for you the campus bell tower………ding-dong, ding-dong……dong-ding, dong-ding…..ding-dong, ding-dong….dong-ding, dong-ding…….DONG!……DONG!……DONG!…….(you get the picture, right?!) Well, picture this beautiful sound going off EVERY FIFTEEN MINUTES —– ROUND THE CLOCK — 24 HOURS !!!!! With the fine insulated and sound proof single-pane, aluminum windows, this made for a great night’s sleep during our visit.
We did, however, have a wonderful trip. It was made even greater when she was approached by the track coach there who ended up offering her more scholarship monies to run track in the spring! She will now be there on a dual scholarship — soccer and track! (cha-ching! — yes!)
Now, we just need to work on gathering everything she needs, getting her car maintenanced, immunizations up to date, teaching her how to drive long distance on busy freeways and interstates, finding a cheap (ha!) laptop, and figuring out a way to make her two young brothers understand that she will be leaving us until probably Christmas. (sniff, sniff)
Oh! — the BEST part of the trip was when I was mistaken for my daughter’s sister
one, two, THREE times!!! (Yes!) One of the professors even made attempts to give me a degree plan, along with the other incoming freshman!
See…..wonderful challenges, but it has been a whirlwind! Hopefully, sometime in the near future, I will find time to write an awe-inspiring blog again (ha ha), but until then, hopefully you will pray for us as we dig ourselves out of our day planners!
May God continue to bless each of you, my blogger sisters and brothers!
Filed under Blessings, Blogging, Career, Children, Church, Commitment, Family, Friends, Gifts, God, Grace, Humor, Joy, Life, Love, Prayer, Preparation, Priorities, Stress, Witness, Worship
Only have a few minutes today, but wanted to point out some updates on the Prayer Request tab at the top of the page. Please join us in prayer for those listed. God is SO GOOD, and is working mightily here in our little east Texas town! I am absolutely exhausted today, but a good exhaustion, because we have been so busy with the Lord!
My soul is stirring, I can see God working all around me, and it is just wonderful!
I will have to fill you in with the details later, but know that God is working His plan here. Lives are being changed. Direction is being made clear to His servants. There IS a plan of His being turned into action! Praise the Lord!
“Blessed be the Lord,Who daily loads us with benefits, The God of our salvation! Our God is the God of salvation; And to God the Lord belong escapes from death.”
Filed under Bible, Blessings, Children, Church, Commitment, Faith, Family, God, Grace, Joy, Life, Mercy, Prayer, Witness