Today, we planted a garden! We are worn out, and reminded of all the muscles we don’t normally use, but the seeds are in the ground, and we are expecting a wonderful harvest!
I really don’t know what I’m doing…just kind of praying that God will bless it! Some of my thoughts during this process:
- “Need to till ground….that’s what husband’s are for! I could never work that thing. Besides, there is something “manly” about working with a tiller! My husband really did look like he knew what HE was doing! (Thank you, dear!)”
- “Wow…the dirt is really black! That MUST mean that it’s fertile, right?!”
- “It’s going to rain in a few days, so the seeds need to go in today!”
- “Got to plan this thing right….tall things in the back, short plants in the front?”
- “Seed packet says, “Plant 2 to 3 seeds every two feet.” Ok….if I plant 3-4 seeds every foot and half, then SURELY SOMETHING will grow?!”
- “A few hours later…..when the back is aching…try to remember why I started this in the first place!”
- “Oh boy, the neighbors are watching….hopefully, something looks right!”
- When the work is done, “Hmmm….looks pretty good!” (…A big pat on the back!)
Can’t wait to eat fresh tomatoes, corn, onions, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, okra, brussel sprouts (yes, I really like them), strawberries and squash!! If it works, you’re all invited to supper!!